“The purpose of the Association is to improve and beautify the village and promote its general welfare for the benefit of both its permanent and temporary residents, in such a manner as the Association shall deem best.”
– Mr. Frederick Butts and his associates in late July of 1897.
Through its many iterations over the past century, The North Scituate Beach Improvement Association has held true to the same singular mission first laid out by Mr. Frederick Butts and his associates in late July of 1897.
Whether it involved the creation of the first sea walls to protect our beach against winter storms or interceding on behalf of our community and membership on town related issues, working to preserve the quality of our beach and our neighborhood remains our primary focus.
To this end, we strive to present an effective voice in town affairs reflective of the concerns and best interests of both our membership and our community.